Kaia's Corner

A place for me and Kaia's favorite things, rants, raves, useful and useless info. Enjoy. rich_galan@yahoo.com

Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

(blurb) Californa Justice

So I just narrowly escaped a jury trial this week! Phew. Got picked for the jury on Tuesday but they Plea Bargained out on Wednesday. Good thing. The kid was a "Venice 13" gang banger which would have made me nervous to run into him in the neighborhood.

Just to explain how fucked up Los Angeles is...The judge asks you questions about whether you have been a victim or sorts of a crime..Of the 13 people on the Jury panel, I was the ONLY one who didnt have a murder in the family. How crazy is that?! And these people were from all walks of life too. Makes me wonder if its a pre-requisite to living here for a certain amount of time. It's not called La-La Land for nothing! Maybe we should get out soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home